Skip Store Bought Trays for Professional Teeth Bleaching!
A beautiful smile isn’t just an aesthetically pleasing trait. It helps you feel confident enough to smile your widest and laugh freely, often resulting in some surprising health benefits. To look and feel our best, a sparkling white set of teeth is important, but how do you get the smile you’ve always wanted?
Patients may turn to store bought bleaching kits due to their accessibility and affordability. However, those who go the store bought route may find themselves disappointed by the results, in excessive pain, or even needing to see a dentist afterwards! If you want reliably stunning results and a safe process, then look no further than Legacy Dental. Cosmetic dentist Dr. Loiseau offers professional teeth bleaching trays, here at our Moses Lake office.
What Is Teeth Bleaching?
Teeth bleaching, also known as teeth whitening, is a process that removes stains and discoloration from teeth. Professional bleaching can be completed in-office under the supervision of your cosmetic dentist, or at home using custom-made bleaching trays. While non-professional teeth bleaching is possible, cosmetic dentists recommend you stick to professional methods for a number of reasons.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Bleaching
- Safety – The most important feature of professional teeth bleaching is the safety assurance. Dr. Loiseau will evaluate your oral health, take your unique dental needs into account, and ensure your teeth can be safely bleached before approving you for the process.
- Comfort – So you can comfortably bleach your teeth from home, our cosmetic dentist at Legacy Dental will take impressions of your teeth. Then, we’ll use those impressions to make custom fit bleaching trays that fit perfectly.
- Reduced Post-Whitening Sensitivity – Store bought bleaching kits make it easy to misuse bleaching trays and increase the chances of post-whitening sensitivity. Dr. Loiseau will give you professional direction on how to use your trays, including the exact amount of time you should use the trays for. This will help ensure post-whitening sensitivity is minimal or even non-existent.
- Reduced Risk of Enamel Damage – Dr. Loiseau will prescribe the right concentration of bleaching gel and give you precise instructions on tray use to help reduce the risk of accidental enamel damage.
- Convenience – Our bleaching trays are easy to use. Simply express a line of bleaching gel into the trays, gently press them over your teeth, and proceed with what you’re doing until it’s time to take them off!
- Effectiveness – Professional teeth bleaching is better suited to your unique case than store-bought kits. Your tailor-made treatment will be paired with professional instruction and the proper kind of gel for the best results possible.
Good Candidates for Teeth Bleaching
The best candidates for bleaching usually have a few factors in common:
- They don’t have restorations that can’t be whitened
- They have healthy gum tissue
- They have a full set of natural teeth
- They aren’t pregnant or lactating
- They’re older than 16
- They don’t have untreated cavities
Dr. Loiseau will let you know if you’re a good candidate for teeth bleaching during your consultation.
The Professional Teeth Bleaching Process
Before you can be approved for teeth bleaching, Dr. Loiseau will have you undergo an initial consultation and thoroughly examine your teeth, review your medical history, and ask you about your smile goals.
Designing Your Bleaching Trays
If Dr. Loiseau approves you for professional bleaching, we’ll take impressions of your teeth. These impressions will be sent to an offsite lab to be used as the blueprints for your trays. Once you return to Legacy Dental, Dr. Loiseau will give you your bleaching gel, the syringes to apply the gel, and provide instruction on how much gel to use in your trays and how long to wear them for.
Using Your Bleaching Trays
Once you get home, brush your teeth beforehand in order to ensure that the whitening gel can adhere properly to your smile. Then, fill the labeled upper and lower trays with the proper amount of gel using the syringe and gently press them over your teeth. You can wear your trays for the prescribed amount of time while doing other things, but be sure not to eat or drink anything while bleaching your smile. Once the right amount of time has passed, gently remove your trays from back to front to avoid tearing them. Thoroughly rinse your teeth and enjoy your new smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
The exact cost of your professional teeth bleaching treatment will vary based on a number of factors, such as the level of staining you’ve experienced and the strength of the whitening gel needed. Dr. Loiseau will go over the cost of your professional teeth bleaching treatment during your initial consultation.
Your professional teeth bleaching treatment will be tailored to your unique dental health needs. Rest assured that the professional oversight and instruction you’ll receive from your Moses Lake cosmetic dentist will help ensure your treatment will be both safe and effective.
The American Dental Association does not recommend that people who are pregnant or lactating bleach their teeth due to safety concerns. However, just because you can’t bleach your teeth during pregnancy, doesn’t mean you should skip your dental hygiene routine or stop seeing your dentist. Dr. Loiseau will instruct you on how to care for your smile during pregnancy until you’re ready for professional teeth bleaching.
The exact time it will take to bleach your teeth will vary based on numerous factors. For example, people with intrinsic stains, stains which occur beneath the surface of the enamel, will likely have to wear their trays for longer intervals over longer periods of time. Dr. Loiseau will let you know exactly how long to wear your trays for and give you a professional estimate on how many days it will take before you see results.
Safe, Effective, & Easy, & Teeth Bleaching From Legacy Dental
With Legacy Dental’s professional bleaching trays patients who want a whiter smile can enjoy safe, easy, and effective whitening treatment. If you’re ready to enjoy the benefits of a beautiful smile with comfortable treatment, contact Legacy Dental at our Moses Lake office by dialing (509) 765-1748. You can also schedule an appointment with Dr. Loiseau by clicking the button below and filling out our contact form. A member of our friendly team will return your message shortly.